Question
Posted by: EB | 2007/04/05

Not Breastfeeding

I am 6 months pregnant and chosen the option of not breastfeeding baby. What i would like to know is will my milk still come in, and if it does , how long does it take to dry up?
2 days ago i noticed a clear fluid around the nipples. Is this normal so early from the birth date?

Your milk will still come in. If you don't breastfeed it will gradually stop, or you could use medication to dry it up. It is normal to have some secretions quite early on.

1
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/05

Yes it's normal. Your milk will still come in, but you won't supply any milk, because the more your baby drinks the more you will supply milk, so if he/she doesn't drink on you then you won't supply any! But why decide not to breastfeed? It's best for your baby! Reconsider it, because trust me, your baby will be healthy when you breastfeed. I breastfed up to 4 months and my son never got sick in that time while other children that was on formula milk got sick in their first month! Not saying it will happen to your baby, but it's more likely to happen when you don't breastfeed. And the bond between you and your baby will be stronger too.

Reply to Echelle