Question
Posted by: LM | 2005/07/12

Not Bathing

My stepson is not bathing, in fact I do not know when last he did bath. I have noticed that evrytime he come out of the bathroom the bath is still dry. this morning he came out with the same clothes and again the bath tub was dry. He is a very lazy person, his room is always fulthy, I am very scared because I have a 7 year old son who is sharing the bathroom with him. Can you get sick from not bathing and is it contagious.

LM, if you go without bathing long enough you might get sick, but you will start smelling long before that. The best would be to make him take a bath every day – sit and watch him while he does it. This is not something a child gets to have a say in – he has to wash and brush his teeth – no exceptions, full stop. Good luck.