Question
Posted by: Tilly | 2006/11/13

Not again!

Another unsuccessful month and still damn not preg. AAhhh I don't think people know how desperate we get. I am lucky to have a child but since loosing my expectant baby some years ago, it just hasn't happened again. I fell preg first time every time. Now what has happened? At the time I had to sign that I was fully aware that this procedure may prevent me from conceiving in the future or to this effect. What happened to me and why if I'm ovulating I'm not conceiving? has my uterus been damaged?

Dear Tilly

The problem that you describe is called secondary infertility. The major cause that needs to be excluded in this problem is tubal damage and therefore my first advice would be for you to have your tubes evaluated. Patency of the tubes is best determined by means of a laparoscopy (operative procedure) or alternatively by an x-ray called a hysterosalpingogram (HSG). The latter is cheaper and less invasive but is less accurate than the operative procedure. However, from a cost effective point of view the x-ray is a reasonable initial step.

1
Posted by: ... | 2006/11/14

you will have to give the doctor more (medical) background information in order for him to give advice.

Reply to ...