Question
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/18

Not actually a Q for this site but pls help if U can!!

Hey Guys!! Can anyone shed some light on this for me please??

I have a Hospital plan - not medical aid. I had an existing hernia when I signed up - i told them about it (stupid,stupid me!!)
So this hernia is now totally excluded from the plan, i developed a second one about 4 months after signing up and they say that will also be excluded!!!!!! How rude.
So the other day I was chatting to my boss and he told me that a hospital plan/med aid can legally only exclude your conditiopn for a certain time - not FOR LIFE so to speak....
Have any of you heard about this or is my boss wrong???

,,,,, Wish I knew. But surely the second hernia, having arisen AFTER joining the plan, should be covered

6
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/18

Susan you STAR!!! Thank you so much to all those who actually tried to help here!!!

Oh

and

Nats........

go

play

in

the

traffic!! Bitch!!!

Reply to Sue 2
Posted by: susan | 2005/11/18

All pre-existing conditions are only excluded for 1 year, i work for a broker :)

Have a great weekend :)

Reply to susan
Posted by: pluto | 2005/11/18

That was a bit unneccessary Nats!!! Grow up

Reply to pluto
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/18

Haai Soetoe. Jy kannie wen teen die boggers nie jong. As jy ook nie admit het nie sou hulle dit uitgegrawe het net om nie te betaal nie. Check net die winste en die moerse salarisse wat die medical ouens kry. 'n Wettige kroekspul sou ek se.

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: waterblom | 2005/11/18

I was only excluded for a year when we joined Discovery. I don't know if your insurance works the same. We lived in Europe for many years and I am still trying to understand how medical insurances work here.

Reply to waterblom
Posted by: Nats | 2005/11/18

Why don't you ask your little hero CP Mom to answer this for you since everything she sass and does you agree so readily with?

Reply to Nats