Question
Posted by: Konrad | 2008/01/21

not a gay issue but.....

i am so damn mad that we don't enough power but those JERKS at eskom are supplying power to zimbabwe and supporting robert mugabe's regime - I VOTE WE GET SOME GAY POWER GOING AND KICK SOME ESKON BUTT - sorry guys i just needed to vent and get this anger off my chest. are you guys as angry as I am?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

9
Posted by: CT Babygal | 2008/01/22

Yeah thats all true but i dont understand why they dont just build a water hydro machine that generates Electricity from water...
Plus it can be recycled all damn day long...

Reply to CT Babygal
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/01/21

The problem is not our little inconveniences, worse traffic, cold dinner by candlelight, etc. We can live with that. The problem is what this is costing the country. Our fairly stable economy can take a HUGE nosedive because of this. And what's going to happen? You and I, the already overworked taxpayer, are going to have to carry the cost....

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/01/21

URGENT MESSAGE FROM THE GOVERMENT .....

ATTENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will the last person to leave the country, please blow out the CANDLE

xxxxxx

Reply to Nikkits
Posted by: Ta | 2008/01/21

They've recently - two weeks ago - approved and begun construction on a wind farm near Darling.

Reply to Ta
Posted by: Izzy | 2008/01/21

CT boy that is the questions. With this last weeks wind we could power the whole damn country for a while at least!

Reply to Izzy
Posted by: Yo | 2008/01/21

Dont worry I am also very frustrated by all the power cutts it is really messing up my daily routine

:o(

Reply to Yo
Posted by: CT boy | 2008/01/21

I'm in Cape Town and we're being buffeted by wind, the good old South Easter seems to be getting stronger every year so I reckon a few dozen wind turbines could do a lot to help us - why aren't they looking into this? Just this weekend's wind alone was a hugely wasted opportunity to generate power!

Reply to CT boy
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/01/21

I understand the frustration and had been inconvenienced myself. In a discussion about it yesterday and the sudden moves by CT and Pretoria to look at solar powered traffic signals, I realized that maybe (at the very least) it comes as a wake up call to all of us to start thinking green and look at better alternatives for all our energy supplies. Just a thought.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Ta | 2008/01/21

I would be - except they're not supplying power to Zim. Their contracts provide for supplying power when there is spare capacity - and there is none at the moment.

Reply to Ta