Question
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/30

NOSE UPDATE!

CD

Thanks for the prompt answer. Yes I think I am starting to be able to breathe through my nose. On Sat I had this green slightly blood-stained mucous still coming out and it bled a bit - not badly enough to contact my ENT. The bleeding seem to start because I was sniffing - to get my nose unblocked. My ENT made NO mention of not being able to sniff or blow my nose - I haven't been blowing it anyway - just trying to sniff to unblock it and thats when the stuff comes out - I am guessing its the excess of the "muck" my ENT was trying to get out. Is that right? He didn't seem to pay much attention to the "minimally deviated septum" problem - or was that also fixed with the procedures he did, or was it probably not a major problem? My nose has been a bit sore today - I am still taking Lentogesic 2 3x a day at the moment - my GP said thats fine - it seems to feel today like the bone is sore!

The rain has helped a great deal - wish we could have lots more!

Have a good week.

Dear Anxious
Be careful with the sniffing - if you do, it must be with your saline and SOFTLY!! They probably fixed the septum as well. You may have a lot of mucus draining still as the swelling goes down, and being blood stained can also be "normal" at this stage. If you knew what they had to do to your poor nose then you will understand why it is still sore - just be patient a little while longer!

2
Posted by: CD again | 2006/10/30

Yes it can take a while to recover - you probably lost quite a bit of blood as it is a "bloody" type of operation. The anaesthetic is also "saved" in your fatty tissue and slowly gets released from your body over the first week. Then you are also not getting in lots of oxygen because your nose is blocked! No the ENT won't know how long you were in the recovery room - the theatre sister or anaesthetist would handle that part.

Reply to CD again
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/30

CD

One other thing - I am still so tired all the time. Does it take this long to recover from the anaesthetic? Tomorrow it will already be 1 week! I can't believe it! The ward sister told my mom I was in recovery for quite a while. They seem to keep sucking stuff out of my throat. My gp didnt seem to know anything about my being in recovery for a while. Would my ENT know?

Thanks.

Reply to anxious