Question
Posted by: no coke | 2005/12/12

nose tissue

hi doc.
i was on cocaine for 1year and have now been clean for 6 months , i know i have done alot of damage to my body and would like to know how long would it take before my body recovers from my mistakes? also my nose it very sensitive (no nose bleeds) just that i dont have snot just a leaky nose. what ointment can i use to speed up the process?

thanks
no cokez

Dear No Coke,
Congratulations, wise decision! It will take a while for your body to recover - at least a year. Do you have a post nasal drip? Maybe you should let an ENT specialist look at your nose and decide whether you need cortisone to stop the "dripping". I am just worried that cortisone nose spray will cause nose bleeds so it will be best if a specialist can have a proper look.

1

Cut the nose off.