Posted by: Sibiya | 2009/11/25

Nose growth - Sinus

Is it possible to go for sugery to remove nose growth (sinus) at the age of 50. People say it will re-occur time and again. what medication can i use. thr gowth is painful that I can not breath properly.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Sibiya

A "nose growth" at any age must be evaluated and most likely need removal to establish the cause. The growth will HAVE to be evaluated to exclude a possible cancer. It may not be a cancer, but would also need removal at it is blocking your ability to breathe. Any growth in a nostril that only occurs on one side, should be examined. You need an urgent ENT examination to make a diagnosis. One can not remove a "sinus" as it is the name of an anatomical structure, and not a disease, so the cause for your symptoms need to be found.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.