Question
Posted by: Unwilling Blood Donor | 2004/10/21

Nose Bleeds

Hi there Doc,

Spring is here and so is my hayfever, however this year I have had 5 nose bleeds in the last two weeks, and not even after blwoing my nose, it just happens.

The first nose bleed took 40 minutes before it stopped bleeding, usually by putting some tissue paper in my nose it stems the flow and the bleeding stops, this time and twice more afterwards it bled right through the tissue, and then twice in the middle of the night while I am sleeping my nose started bleeding.

For my hayfever I have taken allergex - could this be the problem? And I also had lareg sinus build up and used a gel which I sniffedd up into nose, forgot what it is called, could these be the problem?

What can I do?

UBD, it might just be due to swelling of the nasal mucosa, but if it continues bleeding the best would be to see your doctor. You can also take something like Clarinese® once a day instead of the Allergex®. Good luck.

1

The gel is called vibrosil

Reply to Unwilling Blood Donor