Posted by: Carol | 2009/07/01


Dear Dr,

My friend has been using a form of birth control called Norplant for the past 5years while she was in Zimbabwe. Now since she came to SA, she tried so many clinics to get it removed since it is now due to be removed from her arm and they (local clinics and some doctors) do not seem to know what she is talking about.

So I am hereby looking for where I can get NORPLANT birth control removed here in South Africa. Your cooperation on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Carol
A gynecologist will probably be able to remove it for her but most GP's should be able to do it even if they have not yet before? Norplant can be removed at any time by creating a second incision and withdrawing the capsules.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: simephi | 2009/07/01

where can i get my norplant implant removed in Cape Town

Reply to simephi

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.