Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2007/06/19

None existant buttocks

I am a fifty year old female. Spent close on 3 years in bed due to illness and now find that I have no rear end any longer. I cannot afford a gym and am wondering if there are daily exercises which I can do daily at home to help build up the muscles in the rear end again.
I now walk one hour a day to try to get myself healthy and toned again but it is not helping where it is needed most. Thank you kindly for your response.

HI Zoe

The help you've received already is correct - squats, lunges and walking up and down stairs are the way to go. So the walking you are doing already is helping, if you can add some squats and lunges, it will help too. Check out the programmes on the Fitness page of this site and take your pick from the available ones. I'm sure they will be of assistance, because tehy show you exercises like the squats and lunges as well. And then give it time, it's not easy to do this type of thing.

Ross

1
Posted by: tilla | 2007/06/19

how about some squats, lunges and stepping exercises? is there a long flight of stairs u can climb up every day, or like 5 flights in some building somewhere? Maybe start with just two flights. Everything in moderation at first. Bums respond to steps very well

Reply to tilla