Posted by: Liza | 2009/03/30

Non Venomous snake bite


My boa constrictor bit me on the hand last night.

There are only a few scratches, it is a little swolen and hurts inside my hand (but not that much)

Do I need to see a doctor? What must I look for, to know when to see the doctor?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Liza
Yes you need to see your doctor to get a tetanus injection and to get treatment to prevent bacterial infection of the bite areas. If your hand gets "puffy" and red and sore, it could be a sign of a deep abcess forming.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lala | 2009/03/30

I think you will need to get a Tetanus injection to prevent infection.If you had one in the last 5 yrs its not necessary. Ask your pharmacist.


Reply to Lala

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.