Question
Posted by: femme | 2004/11/23

NON PRESCRIPTION FASHION CONTACT LENS

Hello

I would like your opinion please, could you tell me or perhaps tell me where I can find out, if there is any legislation against me selling non presrciption fashion, colour colour contact lens, I have a small business and would like to market this product ?

Thanks Tracey

Femme, I’m not sure that there is a law prohibiting the sale of the lenses per se, but you have to realise that you’re selling something that might cause serious harm to someone’s eyes. If this happens you might get into all kinds of serious trouble and law suits. The best would be to health professions council of SA (HPCSA – 0123389300). Good luck