Question
Posted by: Doggie | 2007/08/14

Non Payment of salaries

I signed a contract in April 2007 to take up a position in Africa. Up to now we have received no salaries, and is getting Lawyer letters.

What can I do as they say they are still waiting for funds to be cleared, for the project.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

We note that you say that you took up a position in Africa. You will note that normally labour laws of the country in which you are working in are the applicable laws. However, if the employer is situated in South Africa and the contract was finalised in South Africa then you might have a claim one you are back.

MICHAEL BAGRAIM