Question
Posted by: Diabetic | 2010/07/02

Non-nutritive sweetened yogurt

Hi, Diet Doc

I read your advice about correct yogurt types for diabetics.

What yogurts do we get in S.A that doesn''t contain any / little sugar that is mostly sweetened with non-nutritive sweeteners? (Activia, Nutriday, Dairybell, Parmalat...?)

Many thanks

Dear Diabetic
As far as I know only Woolworths make a fat-free yoghurt that is sweetened with artificial sweeteners. You need to check the labels on the yoghurts available in your area. If the label does not list sugar as an ingredient then the product is sugar-free. Otherwise use plain, fat-free or low-fat yoghurt and add your own sweetener.
Enjoy

2

Dear Diabetic
Enjoy

Posted by: R | 2010/07/02

have you checked Fabulite yougurt by parmalat, it has non-nutritive sweetners.

Reply to R