Question
Posted by: Nads | 2007/04/24

Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma

A friend of mines mother was diagnose with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma a couple months ago and underwent Chemo and Radiation..... She lost quite a lot of weight and can't eat much as she keeps feeling ill and have pain in her body. The swelling reduced in her face / neck and they said things look much better. But what can she eat that will help in her health as her family is very concerned and what type of exercise can she do to strengthen herself. I can understand that this is very emotional for her and she just want to lie in bed, but to improve her health she must eat properly and do some exercise. Who want to motivate her but we want to know proper ways to help, so please help me to know what is the best food she must eat and what must be avoid and what type of exercise she must do. I've tried google it but it just gives me explanation of the cancer. Please take note aswell, the pain she get is mostly on her knee as she doesn't have a knee cap and keeps on falling if she either walk around, but I think it is because she does not eat properly and don't do light exercise to strengthen herself. She lost quite a lot of weight as she stays in bed most of the day. Please help and advise.

Dear Nads
Giving her a nutritional shake like Nutramen T 3 times a day would be a starting point, pureed fruit, fruit juice and Lucozade may also be useful. They must try to get her out of bed with the help of a physiotherapist ( they call it mobilization).

1
Posted by: Nads | 2007/04/25

Thank you cyberdoc for your info, I will keep in touch to let you know how things are going.

Reply to Nads