Posted by: anon | 2008/09/08

noisy neighbours

I have neighbours that have hosue paties nearly every weekend.

This past weekend - there was a party on Friday and Saturday night (complete with loud drunken guests), and the music was so loud my windows were vibrating. Both parties only stopped at 2am and 3am respectiveley becasue I called the police to drive by to stop them.

What can I do? It' s Monday morning and I' m sitting at work dog-tired! I haven' t slept since Thursday night!!

Talking to them doesn' t help!

What can I do to stop them?

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

I'm really sorry your life is being made miserable by this. Calling the police is a start, and unfortunately one of the few things one can do that actually has some immediate effect! Please see 'Noisy neighbours 2' above.

Posted by: Kems | 2008/11/11

There is nothing really that you can do, a warning from the police is only valid for a short time, and they can' t make a case against the people if the municipality does not come out with a decibel meter to measure the noise, and that will never happen, so either move to a retirement village or deal with it ... cause it is not going away ...

Reply to Kems