Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2004/11/12

Nog getting pregnant

I was on the pill for 6 years and stopped taking it 3 months ago. I am trying to get pregnant, but still nothing. Do I have to wait longer, or could this be a fertility problem??? I am 23 and by husband is 24 so age is nog an obstacle. PLEASE help.

I agree wth Pokkel and Jessica.

4
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

You need to have sex at least 3 times a month (ideally during the ovulation days) for at least a 9mo to 1yr before you decide on branding yourself "infertile".

So take it easy & try try.

Reply to dr anonymous
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/12

As pokkel said you still have plenty of time, I fell pregnant in the 12th month of trying, you should visit you gynae (if you did not before) for a regular check up, just to make sure everything looks fine, tell him/her that you're trying and the doc will give you advise.

It is not neccassary yet to seek fertility treatment, you should wait another 9 months for that.

You ovulate 14 days before your next period, so do your homework in that time.

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/11/12

You body takes about 3 months to adjust again after going off the pill. So you still have a lot of time to fall pregnant.
Remember it takes a normal healthy couple a year to conceive.
You only have 20% chance of falling pregnant every month.
Have intercourse during your ovulation period - day 11 to 15 - those would be the best days for conceiving.

Regards and good luck

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: R | 2004/11/12

When was your last visit with your gynae? I think the next step would be is to visit the gynae. S/he will check if everything is OK. If not s/he will advise on the next step. It might just be that you not having sex at the "right" time.

Good luck.
R

Reply to R