Question
Posted by: seriously down and out | 2008/02/01

no where to live

hi

I am going through a really rough time right now. My boyfriend lost his job so now he is sitting without work, we cannot pay rent so i have to be out tonight. we have 3 dogs and cannot find anywhere to go. if i kennel them it will cost me about R3000 for the month. I just recieved news that our company is retrenching and i am possibly one of them.

My question: - HOW DO I COPE

I wish other readers would try to be helpful in response to messages like this ! So sorry to hear of this unpleasant situation. Could the SPCA or some such group ( is there a Puppy Haven ?) help look after the dogs or re-house them, temporarily or permanently. Have you spoken to folks at the company, like your boss and HR person, so that they know your precarious situation when they're considering retrenchments ? Have you family or friends who could help in the crisis ? I hope things work out for you.