Question
Posted by: Mom to be! | 2005/01/07

No spotting during pregnancy is it normal?

Morning ladies

I have just found out that I am pregnant in my 10 week according to my last period. I haven't been to the doctor yet as he is fully booked until February.

I have been reading alot of pregnancy books and believe that there should be some sort of spotting but I have not experienced. I had a miscarriage last year which distroyed me and hope that all is well with little one. I think I am just too scared to go to the doctor just incase something is wrong because I cannot stand another dissappointment.

Please help. At this stage I am not sure whether I should be excited or nervous.

Renira and Blaze are correct. Not all women have implantation bleeds.

2
Posted by: Blaze | 2005/01/07

Congratulations on your pregnancy. The spotting that you might be referring to is implantation bleeding, but not all women experience this. I never had any spotting when implantation occurred, and had a relatively easy pregnancy, and a healthy son. If you have not started taking folic acid and pregnancy vitamins, you need to do this before you even go to your gynae and also dont forget to take a calcium supplement (chela preg etc).

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Reply to Blaze
Posted by: Renira | 2005/01/07

Hi Mom to be,

Congratulations on your pregnancy...

Spotting is not normal during pregnancy and the fact that you have not experienced any goes to show that your baby is doing just fine.

don't worry about it.

Renira

Reply to Renira