Question
Posted by: Clive | 2005/11/29

NO sperm- blood results

Dear Doc

Thank you for your excellent explanation to my previous posting Re: NO sperm found

I went for follow-up blood tests which are as follows:

LH: 5.3 (1-19IU/L) FSH: 4.8 (1-9 IU/L)
T-Testosterone: 10.4 (9-35)

Testicular biopsy comment: Few spermatozoa were detected

Does the results show a blockage or inability of my testes to produce sperm?
Are the hormones adequate or too low?

What would be the recommended option treatment?

Thanks in advance.

Ps: Reading through your answers of other postings, I found you to be highly knowledgeable in your expert field. Keep up the good work Dr.

Dear Clive

Thank you for your very positive and encouraging support.

The blood results that you have provided is very encouraging as both the LH and FSH results are within the normal range.
In all probability your problem is secondary to an obstruction or blockage. The fact that a few spermatozoa were detected is positive, and this would be sufficient to proceed with the IVF / ICSI option.
The success rates of these procedures are reasonably good, comparitively speaking in the order of 40%.

I therefore encourage you to consider it as a viable next option.

Good luck!