Question
Posted by: New Dad | 2007/03/16

No sleeping patern

She sleeps from 23h00 to 3-4h00 then wakes up at 7h30, eats fall asleep by 8h30-9h00 andthen every2-3 hours untill 14h00. After that she'l stay awake till 16h00-17h00 and then power naps for 20-30 minutes untill 22h00-23h00. After 17h00 she does'nt want to be laid down and want to be held constantly,on the breast or with the dummy. As sson as you lay her down she wakes up. Is there something the matter ? I heard that babies should not be awake for more than 90min at a time - is this true ?

Expert ImageArchive

Hallo New Dad
I am not sure how old your little one is and the do have different patterns. I would like to refer you to www.babysense.co.za for some tips on sleeping, since there is a lot you can do.
Warm regards
Welma

2
Posted by: Zulfa | 2007/03/20

Hi there, my son was also a prem baby, he is one yrs old now and still does not sleep through, wakes up about 4-5 times a night. like they say your body becomes used to the wake ups. I haven't had a whole nights sleep since giving birth to him.

Reply to Zulfa
Posted by: t | 2007/03/19

My prem baby does the same, naps a little. Sleeps early night 2 - 3 hours, usually awakes around 2:00am and refuses to go back to sleep. I work full day and am exausted. He also drinks little at feeding times and feeds every 2-3 hours as well.

Reply to t