Posted by: Blanks | 2010/01/15

No semen when ejaculating

Sorry to repeat my posting here but no response on the " Ageing and sexuality forum" .....

I am a 55 year old male that has always had a very active sex life.It was discovered that I have an enlarged prostate a few years back but there is no sign of cancer etc.
My wife has lost interest in sex and I am lucky to get it once a month.What has recently developed, is that when I orgasm, there is absolutely no semen/fluid.It still feels like an ejaculation though.
Is this something I should be concerned about and go see a dr ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

in view of your history of prostate enlargement previously, i would advice you to see your doctor or a urologist. it is possible that the enlarged prostate may be affecting semen production or flow.
speak to your wife regarding her decreased desire for sex -could be medically related, hormonal or even psychological and she should also consider speaking to a medical practitioner or sexologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.