Question
Posted by: dave | 2003/03/25

no response to numb feet

I posted a question about 2 weeks ago and have not seen a posted response yet. I noticed most posts receive a response within a few days. I was wondering when my post (dated 3/12/2003) might be addressed. Thank you for your help.

Dear Dave

I am having technical hiccups answering your query. I do apologse.

It is very unfortunate that your investigations have not given you a clearer picture of why your feet after a certain amount of running should go numb. The results of these tests should however eliminate certain causes, such as nerve entrapment. Were these tests done under symptom enducing conditions like after a 15-20 min run? This is important to measure the nerve conduction patterns after a certain dosage of activity.

A possible causes of your problem could include Compartment syndrome. Increased compartmental pressure of the working muscles of the lower leg may increase to a point where the blood and nerve supply to your feet become occluded resulting in numbness.

My recommendation would be to consult a sports physician regarding compartment syndrome . To confirm the diagnosis you would need to do a doppler test to measure the change in blood pressures before exercise and when you get your symptoms as well as measuring the amount of blood flow to your feet.

Good luck!

1
Posted by: Fitness doc | 2003/03/25

Dear Dave

Good luck!

Reply to Fitness doc