Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2004/11/03

No pleasure anymore.. infection??

Hi doc,
My boyfriend and i have a healthy sex life but recently i feel pleasure for about a minute or so and it just disappers. I can feel him iside me but don't feel any pleasure. It used to be really great. Could it be an infection of some sort or dysfunction? Really not sure. I asked a similar question to the sexologist but havent got a reply, thought it may be something involving my inner workings.Help please?

It is worth having a check-up with your gynaecologist but, if you have no other symptoms such as pain or heavy periods, it is likely to be a problem for the sexologist to help you with. Try posting there agian.

2
Posted by: Zoe | 2004/11/04

Thanx Golly,
Besides the discomfort from the condoms which ive found a solution to, i do tend to feel some discomfort during intercourse. How would i solve that, if you know.

And is it normal for this to happen so suddenly? Everything was and still is great between us and then this happens. It boggles my mind

Reply to Zoe
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/04

Zoe,

Your problem may be due a result of one of three causes: physical, emotional or hormonal. If you do not feel discomfort or pain during intercourse your problem may be emotional or hormonal rather than physical. It is also possible that your reproductive hormones (especially testosterone which also gives women their sex drive) are a bit out of wack. Best to see and endocrinologist, homeopath, naturologist or other specialist in this field as they would be able to confirm or eliminate this as a cause.
Maybe some serious and frank introspection may reveal any emotional needs or expectations you may have which are causing you to feel this way.

Being practical: you could try some herbal or vitamin supplements especially for hormonal balance and libido to see if it helps. Clicks or any health shop carry such meds.
Good luck.

Reply to Golly