Question
Posted by: abc | 2007/06/01

no periods for couple of months

I have started having periods at a young age of 10. My periods were always late. Sometimes I would even skip periods for three months constantly. When I do have my periods it is with heavy pain. I was on numerous pills to get my periods in order, femodene, minerva, just to mention two. I am married for three years now and would also start thinking of having children. Currently I am not using anything and my last period was in March. Recently my nipples feel ichy too and when I do a pregnancy test it is negative. Kindly advise me what the problem could be. Is it serious?

It could be PCOS. (There is information on this in the archives). It may be that you will need help to conceive, so I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist.