Question
Posted by: Nads | 2008/06/03

No periods and not pregnant

I've seen my gynae end January this year for my general check up. I've informed her of my strange period beginning of November 2007. That I had a very heavy flow and I had to pull down with toilet papers thick slime with blood. I never had such a major and uneasy painfull period in my life. She informed me that I either might have had a miscarridge or something else is wrong. She did a scan and found my uteris is good condition but had a cyst on my ovary, but it sorted itself out. But I keep on getting pain / cramps, she did prescribed pain tablets for it. The main reason is, since February up till now I haven't had my period and I'm not pregnant. I am on the pill (Yasmin), I know if you are on the pill it can happen that you may not have your period once or twice. But for 4 months without skipping the inactive pills??? I still get that uneasy feeling and cramps when it should be my time. My doctor sent me for blood tests to test my Thyroid and Hormone levels, the results say it is all 100%. Now she only prescribed me Premarin, I did some research it is for woman that is entering menopause. Why will this help me as I'm only 26. Please advise....

If you are not having periods on Yasmin, it may be that the womb linign has been thinned out from this. You don't say what your periods were like before. Premarin is oestrogen. It is used in the menopause but also if your oestrogen is low. See` if it helps.

1
Posted by: candice | 2008/06/04

Its possible you may have Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome.
I have it, and for months i didnt get my period, with all pregnancy tests being negative as well. and when i did get my period it was very heavy and painful!
tell ur gynea to test for that!

Reply to candice