Question
Posted by: Nell | 2004/01/08

No Periods

Hi Doc,

Here is my problem. My last Normal period was in Dec 2001. I was overseas for the entire year of 2002 and in that year I never got my period, when I returned to SA in Jan 2003, still no period for another 5 months, I went to see the nurse at my company who gave me Triphasil and I started this in May 2003 for the first few months I had normal 3-4 day periods, I later changed to Femodene as the Triphasil was too strong. Thereafter I still had 3-4 day periods but after a while my periods would only last for 1 day and was so light that I could use a pantyliner for this day. I was unable to get Femodene and was given Triphasil again. I was on this for another 5 months and stopped taking the pill in Sep 2003. I've since not have my period since then. I've been for several tests, papsmear, insulin, hormones, Iron levels and a full blood count and all came back normal. I'm 24 and I'm really starting to worry as this does not seem normal. I will be married soon and would like to start a family as soon as possible.

Please Help!

It sounds like you are not ovulating. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist to check for this.

1
Posted by: Nell | 2004/01/08

Almost forgot, I've also had both Urine and blood Pregnancy tests done and both came back negative.

Thanks,
Nell

Reply to Nell