Question
Posted by: k24 | 2005/12/04

no period on injection

hi

me and my bf went to the clinic to ask about contraceptives cos we're thinking bout having sex.
we decided the injection would be the best option and the sister said my periods would be as normal and come every 4 weeks as usual.

we have not had sex yet but i have not had my period in over a month. there's no way i'm pregnant, but does the injection perhaps delay your period for the first couple of weeks or what?
also on your sex website you said it might cause amennorreah, but the sister did not tell me this.
is it possible?

thank u for ur help

80% of women on the injection do not have periods. You should have been told about this.

2
Posted by: Tan | 2005/12/05

My injection ran out two weeks ago, and it has now been nearly 8 weeks since I've had a period, didn't for the first six weeks, then bleed heavily, 2 weeks break and bleed for two weeks, since then nothing, honestly I've tried every contreception know and not one works with my body. Be happy if it is working for you and you have no side effects.

Reply to Tan
Posted by: Karen | 2005/12/04

My periods were very light, some months non existant when I was on the injection. It's nothing to worry about, actually nice not to have periods.

Reply to Karen