Question
Posted by: Yas23 | 2004/03/08

no period & not pregnant

Hi. Please help. I am 23 yrs old. I was on the pill for 2 years and stopped in Oct 2003 to try to conceive. My periods were irregular over Nov/Dec and I thought that they became regular over the last 2 cycles because they were both exactly 31 days long. This month I was expecting my period on the 1st March (based on a 31 day cycle) but I still haven't gotten it till today (8th). I did a home pregnancy test yesterday but result was negative. I am also not experiencing any pms or pregnancy symptoms. Is it possible that result was wrong or what. Please advise.

You could do a blood pregnancy test for a moreaccurate result, but it likely that it was just an irregular period.