Question
Posted by: TM | 2005/11/28

No period for 4 months

I have not had my period for 4 months now and prior to that it was very haphazard. I am overweight and this weight gain occurred approx 3 years ago. There is no pain or discomfort. I would just an idea of what it could be.

PCOS is a possibility but you would need to see a gynaecologist for further tests to make a diagnosis.

4
Posted by: Jae | 2005/12/01

Hi me again just letting u know I got my periods this morning... No wonder Ihad such heavy cramps... Anywat thanx 4 the help... It was just a hormonal problem.. Thanx again.. U know what....We must becum gyneadocs... Ha ha .....how many years 2 learn.. C I'm makin jokes .. feeling much better...

Reply to Jae
Posted by: Jae | 2005/11/29

Thanx it helped a lot, I'll think abt the doctor... Thanx again

Reply to Jae
Posted by: Dee | 2005/11/29

I’m not a doctor but from what little knowledge I have of the human reproductive system, when periods stop it means that the body is using it’s reserves elsewhere to maintain a balance in the body, at the expense of the reproductive system. For example when a person becomes anorexic, their periods also stop in order that no energy is wasted on that every month. Its only when their weight increases again, that their periods return. I’m not sure if the same applies to being overweight?? Have you seen a doctor about it? Do you classify yourself as healthy ie eat lots of fruit and veg, little red meat, little sugar etc. Do you take vitamins? You need to maybe analyse why your periods have stopped, there may be an imbalance of hormones in your body. Hope I have made sense.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Jae | 2005/11/29

Hi! I'm in a same situation. I have not had my periods for 3 months, although I'm not pregnant. I am also a bit overweight, but not that much.. what is wrong, what is happening....

Reply to Jae