Question
Posted by: SL | 2004/11/26

No period and not pregnant

Hi, I've always had irregular periods but now my period seems to have gone away. My last natutral period was last year August. I didn't get it for about 4 months and I then decided to go on the pill (Nordette) to regulate my cycle. I got my period like clock work while I was on it. I stopped using Nordette after about 5 months as it was giving me acne. I now havent gotten my period since going off and its been about 4 months. I know I should've visited a gynae a long time ago but I'm so scared to as I've never been before and I fear that i'll be told I wont be able to ever have children. Can you please advise me? Thanks!

It sounds like you are not ovulating. You need to see a gynaecologist for furtehr tests to find out why. There are medications to stimulate ovulation and help you to conceive.