Question
Posted by: Radha | 2004/10/11

NO PERIOD AFTER STOPPING THE PILL

Dear Gyna Doc

I used to have perfectly regular periods even before I went on the pill in March 2003. They were exactly 28-days and I always knew when they were coming because my PMS symptoms were so distinct and always around 2 weeks before my period would start

i stopped taking the Pill in March this year. Since then I had one period starting on 30th April, one starting on 30th July and then none since.

I visited my gynae in August who did his checks + tests and he assures me that everything is normal and that my period should regulate itself soon. (said that this sometimes happens when u stop taking the pill)

It is now 6 months since I last took the pilll - if everything is normal can I expect my next period next month ?
Any thoughts or ideas ?

Some women do have a period of `no periods` after the pill but this is rare and only lasts a couple of months. Your period should settle in the next month or 2 otherwise further testing is indicated.