Posted by: Monica | 2008/10/08

No period?

dear gynaedoc
I am 16 years old (and a virgin!) and have not had my period for just over two months now. Im not really sure what to do-whether i should leave it or go to a gynaecologist. I went overseas over 2 months ago and after had a very light, short period and since then nothing. I lost a lot of weight when i went overseas and a bit more since coming back and my friend says it is probably due to that weightloss but i am unsure of what to do about it now!i havent told my mom yet because i keep hoping it will just come but now i am getting a bit anxious and want to know what is best to do from here.

thanks :)

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It may well be related to the weight loss. I don;t think you need to see a gynaecologist at the moment. Give it a few more months.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: the new gynaedoc | 2008/10/10

take the pill to bring back your period and consult with a gynae you should tell you mum after all you still a virgin she wont freak out

Reply to the new gynaedoc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.