Question
Posted by: Saxon | 2004/01/14

No Passion

Hi, I am 32 and have no passion. I do my job the best I can, I try to be the best dad and husband, but I have nothing that interest me or something that I am passionate about. I am searching but seems to find nothing. I am so envious of people who have a hobby or are passionate about something. I feel like I am troding along and I am not enjoying the ride. Please give some adivise.

Dear Saxon,
I wonder if you have EVER had passions / interests / hobbies, and have recently lost them ( which sometimes happens, for instance, when one developes a Depression ) ; or whether you have NEVER had such keen interests, which perhaps is more likely to happen when one has been fully tied up in career / job development, and only as one starts to feel a bit more secure workwise, one may start to look around and wonder what one has been missing, also finding one has got out of the style and habit of enjoyable preoccupations and pursuits.
One function Counseling can have is to help one review oneself and one's interests, and explore such possibilities.

1
Posted by: GG | 2004/01/15

Start Playing Golf

Reply to GG