Question
Posted by: Lee (lLinky) | 2004/11/04

No-more periods

Dear Gynaedoc,
Hav'ent had any period for th past 5months.Done pregnancy test with my gynae,but nothing.He said I must just wait and see for a period.He can't really figure out what's problem.(Daughter now 7yrs old, and currently on no contraceptives for 4 yrs.)
Pse Help.

I'd suggest that you have the following : blood for thyroid function and prolactin and scan to excude cysts.

1
Posted by: Doll | 2004/11/05

Hi Lee,

I too did not get my period for 4 months this year and every month i thought i was preggies.
My Gynae did a whole lot of blood tests and i was diagnosed woth PCOS.
I wold suggest that your gynae do FSH, TSH, LH fasting glucose and insulin blood tests to check your hormone counts.
Do you any cysts?

Reply to Doll