Question
Posted by: Fancy Face | 2008/07/08

No menstrual siclus

Dear Doc

I have a menstrual siclus of 2months menstrual and 3 months non-menstrual. Last year I visited the doctor and he put me on hormone tablet, the on 3months hormone control and for the 3monts on the 28th day my menstruation starts. Early this year I started Folic Acid, but I'm not pregnan yet. No tell me what is my chances/ can I get pregnant. I feel so hopeless and I really want to conceive a baby..... Please help me

Dear Fancy Face

It appears that you have very irregular menstrual cycles and this will indicate a possible hormonal imbalance. The hormonal imbalance may result in difficulty in ovulating on your own. If there are no other causes contributing to your inability to conceive, then generally, your chances of falling pregnant would be quite good with ovulation induction agents. These medications should be taken under direct supervision of your doctor or gynaecologist.