Question
Posted by: Heidi | 2007/02/20

No menses for two months

I had evacuation after my miscarriage of 6 weeks. To date mense hasnt shown up. Will it be possible for me to concieve again without menses?

And again i have fibroids in my uterus as well. Pls tell me that the chance for conceiving is there.

Thanx

Dear Heidi

Certainly the fact that you did conceive with fibroids would allow for another conception to occur in the short term. However, in the long-term, depending on the rate of growth of fibroids, they may pose an obstacle to conception and therefore it would be important to document not only the size and position of the fibroids but also the rate of growth.
Also it is possible to conceive prior to even receiving the next menstrual period since ovulation precedes menstruation and fertilisation can therefore occur prior to the onset of the next period. Following a miscarriage at an early stage it is possible to ovulate within 14 to 28 days of the evacuation.