Question
Posted by: DK | 2005/07/04

no medication for ovulation given

Hi! I have PCOS and had a laparoscopy in May. I was ovulating at the time of the op. How ironic! Anyway, after the op I asked my gynae if I need to take something to help ovulation so I could fall pregnant soon and she said it wasn't necessary. It seems like I am the only one as everyone else is on Clomid or something similar. I am only taking glucophage. What are my chances of ovulating a month after the op and is there a way to check?

Not all women with PCOS do not ovulate. If you are ovulating, there is no need to take anything. A good sign of ovulation is the egg-white discharge. You could also use an ovulation detector kit.

1
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/04

Your chances of conceiving naturally after the lap is very good. You see... during the lap they check for everything - PCOS, endo, blocked tubes - and remove everything harmfull . So after the lap your periods should come on at the normal 26-30 days, and in your next 2 or 3 cycles you changes are very good of falling preggies.

If you ovulated at time of the lap, then you dont have ovulation problems and that is why doc did not want to give you additional medication for ovulation.

Also keep in mind - if you dont have ovulation problems and you use ovulation stimulation medication like Clomid - you are very likely to develop cysts due to the overstimulation. And then it will take you much longer to fall pregnant....

Take care and good luck..

Reply to Pokkel