Question
Posted by: lee | 2006/04/18

no interest in sex with current partner

HI,
I am in a gay relationship. we have beem together for 8 yeras now. for the last year or so I have lost interest in having sex with my partner.I love him very much, and do not want to leave him...what could be wrong..please help

In many ways, there is little or no diference between gay and straight relationships, especially with regard to their emotional problems. There could be numerous reasons why within a long-standing relationship one partner or both might lose sexual interest in the other. DO you have a continuing sexual interest in others ? Do you continue to be sexually aroused, eg withi masturbation ? In other words, is there a general loss of libido on your side, or is it specifically concerning your partner ? The way to seek a solution would be to see a good local shrink or counsellor for relationship counselling, to seek to understand what may have changed within the relatonship and to see what might be put right

2
Posted by: AL | 2006/04/18

Stress could play a part. Are you taking any medication? ie antidepressants? They could be be the problem too

Reply to AL
Posted by: Joe | 2006/04/18

Hi Lee

Im in the same predicament as you. I am only in my relationship for over a year now. I also love him to death.

Reply to Joe