Question
Posted by: annie | 2007/03/31

no heartbeat

i went for a check up approx 8/9 weeks pregnant and they said that they cannot find a heartbeat and they want to do an op on me to clean me out. My hcg level on 26 feb was 26337 and i am going for another blood quantitive on monday 2 april to see what the level is to see of it is progressing. My gynae feels my baby is no longer alive, but i cannot go ahead with the op because I don't feel it is dead, I would rather my body naturally start a misscarraige then me decide to abort, I would always wonder. I was reading some other chat sites and there was a person who said up to 12 weeks they could find a heartbeat and her child is now born and is perfectly healthy. I still get queasy, and dizzy and cannot eat meat or coffee and am tired alot.

Do you have any advice for me, this waiting is quite stressfull.

If you are not comfortable, then wait. See what the hcg result is on Monday.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2007/04/04

you must never ever blame yourself if your baby is dead. it is not your fault, it's just natures way of saying this won't work, scratch it and start again. i had a D&C 16 March i was 11 weeks, my baby had apparently died 2 weeks before, i had no sign of miscarrige no pain, no bleeding, i was going for my normal check up and that is when it was discovered. i think you should ask your doctor what the way forward is and whether they are going to perform a D&C. I'm truly sorry to hear about your sad news. hoping it's something else though.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: annie | 2007/04/03

my hcg levels on the 26 march was 26000, and the level on 2 of april has dropped to 10000. Do you think baby is dead? is there anything else that could make the level do this other then being dead? I should be 9 to 10 weeks pregnant this week. Baby's size on 28 march was 9.8 under a centimeter, please help me with advice, I cannot live with the thought of killing my child (my last child was born with DS and no one picked it up till after he was born) or is it 100% + That my child is dead. I also don't want to mess up my body for future children, is that possible?

How long would it normally take to miscarry is there a time limit involved. And how long should one wait before it becomes a danger?

Reply to annie
Posted by: Mel | 2007/03/31

Dear Annie,
I can't imagine how long this weekend will feel to you. However I know how you feel. In 2002 I had a Molar Pregnancy that ended with a D & C at 13 weeks. It was very hard for me to agree to go ahead with the procedure. I was feeling as pregnant as ever, had no bleeding or cramping and was even looking pregnant. When my doc told me at 12 weeks that he couldn't find a heartbeat I didn't believe him. He sent me for another Scan at another doc, and he too confirmed it. Leaving thing to happen as nature intended also seemed as the better option to me. But my doc explained that leaving a fetus that is no longer alive could pose quite a few risks to your body. He was afraid that I would start to bleed uncontrollable, but what had me made up my mind was when he warned me that waiting too long could put me at higher risk for complications in future pregancies. You really need to think about that. I know what you feel like now, maybe you must consider going for another scan at an independant dr, just to make sure, and if there is no heartbeat, you should trust your doc. It has been nearly 5 years since I had that D & C, but at times I still wonder, luckely I was fortunate enough to have two beautiful babies after that, one of wich is only 3 months old now. I do not know anything about your faith in God, but I believe that God would not take anything from you never to give it back again. Good luck to you, and stay strong...

Reply to Mel