Question
Posted by: RW | 2003/12/18

No fat but stomach looks round

Hi there,

I seem to have a bit of a problem. I don't have fat on my stomach and if I flex my stomach you can see a six pack. the problem is that when I am relaxed it doesn't look so good. It is more the lower abs than the top ones. It looks like I have a bit of a boep, but like I said if I flex there is a six pack. Why is this and what can be done. PLEASE!!! HELP!!!

Expert ImageBodybuilding

RW,

There are alot of body builders and athletes that seem to have a "boep" even when they have very low body fat and very good looking six packs.

The tummy muscles that you will want to train if you want to flatten your tummy are the tranversus and rectus abdominus. You can focus on these muscles by adding a twist movement to most of your regular tummy exercises. Ask a Biokineticist/Personal Trainer at your local gym to show you the proper form for these exercises.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist