Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2004/02/10

No energy & tired, cannot cope

Dear Doc, I have absolutely NO energy. I've tried taking iron tablets and teen multi vitamins and it just is not working for me.
I got so desperate at one stage that i started taking ephadrine to keep me going throughout the day. I am at an extremely academic private school and im finding that I cannot keep awake in all my classes - I just switch off. I'm not doing well as a result of this and when I come home I cant bear the thought of doing my homework. Is there anything available similiar to ephadrine, but with less dangers, that I could get from my GP? I keep appraoching my parents about this problem and they seem to always push it to the side, saying I need to go to bed earliar or take more vitamins. I cant go on like this, please help!!

Mandy

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Mandy

I would suggest that you go for a course of B12 Injections - it works very well and will boost your energy levels.

T

1
Posted by: flower | 2004/02/12

I think there could be alot of things wrong. I know when I was in school I could also hardly keep my eyes open and I wen to bed at 8 and got up at 7 in the morning went to school, came home slept till about 5 got up again, bath ate, did a bit of home work and slept at 8 again. My problem was Iron, I took iron pills but they weren't enough so they had to increase my dosage. My cousin on the other hand also suffered from being tiered all the time, but she ended up being diabetic, and I know my problem was also due to lack of sport. As soon as I started becoming more active the less tiered I began to feel.

So my advise is see a doctor, if you don't have the money to go and make an app to see a gp, or if your parents won't help you speak to a school teacher, a guidence teacher, a friends mom, anybody, but don't just leave it like that.

good luck

Reply to flower