Question
Posted by: FF | 2007/03/04

NO DIET CLUBS IN MIDDLE EAST

Dear Diet Doc

I have recently moved from South Africa to the Middle East as there are no diet clubs here however my husband suggests I do an old diet he had which helped him lose weight.

I've had a look at his diet and its comparable to WeighLess in that there are proteins, carbos, dairy and fat products - only the fruit is a "bietjie min" as some days one can only have 1. There is one day in the week that is detox ie fruit jluices, soups, milk, tea, coffee.

Do you think my chances of losing weight by myself are good - its awful but I am glad there is no diet club here as I hate the scale and the lecturers can be a bit "iffy". I do have a scale and started weighting myself today.

I will prepare my husband's food for him anyway following the diet sheet and I am thinking that instead of making two different meals the whole time I can just double l;up and divide the food between us.

What do you think? What does everybody else think? I also plan to walk half an hour 3 times a week and maybe build it up to an hour? Any advice from anyone.

Dear FF
There is no reason why you cannot successfully lose weight on your own without joining a diet club. If the diet your husband used is well balanced and includes all the food groups then you will be able to use it. Just check that it does not for example say 'eat as many eggs as you like' or 'cut out all carbs', etc. Try and do your walking for 30 minutes a day if possible and increase how fast and far you walk as you get fitter as this assists with weight loss.
Good luck with your diet plans.

1
Posted by: FF | 2007/03/04

My emails sounds weird now that I have reread it and I really meant "I have moved to the middle east where there are no diet clubs". Moving to the Middle East because there are no diet clubs here was not my intention!!

Reply to FF