Question
Posted by: Tas | 2004/12/08

No Date

Our work is having it's year end fuction later this week, they provide for employess to bring the partners along to the function, I don't have someone to join me at the year end function as I do not want to have to deal with the issues of a blind date/first date while at a fancy work function. And I also don't want to miss out on a lekker party and sit at home a feel sorry for myself! Does anyone have tips on how go to the function without feeling like a Bridget Jones?

.....

4
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/12/08

Hey Tas,

If you really want to go then how about taking a friend or family member along. The one time I took my sister, & then again I took a friend. Took the friend coz I just wanted to cause a stir... it worked.

But ja, both times were fun, & I didn't have to deal with the blind or first date either.

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Tas | 2004/12/08

CP Mom,

Function this friday at a fancy estate in CPT!

Reply to Tas
Posted by: Zee | 2004/12/08

Tas,
A friend and I both had no dates for last nights xmas fx (her husband is away). We went together and we both had a ball of a time. Depends on your personality, if you are out going and friendly it wont make a difference. I went into the room where the party was being held and greeted everybody there I knew and introduced myself to people who I didnt know. Had a ball of a time.
If you are an introvert you might feel awkward. Chill! Going to a function with a date is not a necessity

Reply to Zee
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/12/08

When is this function ?

And by the way Bridget didn't end up doing toooo badly, remember ?

Reply to CP MOM