Question
Posted by: Hanging In | 2004/10/18

No Commitment

We are a middle aged couple and been dating exclusivly for just over 4 years. No complications, no children at home any more.
We only spend weekends together and have a great time and a good relationship. Very compatible - except for one thing. No verbal commitment, no promises etc etc. I NEED to hear that he loves me and I would like to get engaed and plan ahead instead of carrying on the same for year and years on end. That is why I will not live with anyone. If I ask about love he says " but don't you know how I feel". He says it's difficult for him to verbalise these things but what if it is important to me. I accept that he is who he is but I do go out of my way to do what is important to him. Please tell me how to bring this up without pressure.

Zee sounds just right, about choosing place, occasion and style --- and about the need to talk about it frankly and clearly. And answer "No, I don't know how you fel, because you haven't said anything out loud or specifically.

1
Posted by: Zee | 2004/10/18

Just talk to him when you guys are relaxed having lunch or dinner. Dont be too formal about it, just ask him where he sees the r/ship going, maybe he is not looking for a marriage as he is already old but just someone he can go out with, u ll never know. Just ask him about the future of a r/ship. U should not be afraid to speak to him by now especially after 4 yrs togethr. U know him very well by now. what matters is HOW YOU ASK HIM.

Reply to Zee