Posted by: WHICH WAY FROM HERE? | 2008/06/15


My mom is 78, disabled due to rheumatoid arth and now seems to have lost bladder control. Been given tabs to try assist but not improving and the fact she is disabled doesnt help her getting to the toilet is time anyway. What are the options, operations or what. Her general health seems to be on the decline and this is tiring her out as well. Is an operation advisable under the circumstances? Your advice would be appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you make an appointment with a urologist, in order to determine if she needs a trans-urethral catheter or a suprapubic catheter. These catheters are indwelling and will remain in place and drain the urine constantly.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.