Question
Posted by: Wired and wondering... | 2008/01/21

no appetite, isit stress related??

Hi, I don't usually ask for help because i like to sort out my own problems, but i'm lost on this one. I don't have an appetite and i'm knida worried about it, I do have some issues about my wieght but I don't want bulimia or anorexia and after all i'm 17 it's natural to have issues. I'm really stressed out about my future, I'm faced with life changing choices and financial problems. I want to go study Project management, but I don't have the funds. It's really stressing me out because i don't have a matric nor do I have a grade10. I dropped out of school to start my studies but now the banks doesn't want to lend me money. To top it all off my boyfriend dumped me this week and it's just getting to much to handle. If you have any ways on beating stress and depression pls send them to me.
regards

Expert ImageTeen expert

HI there,

it does sound as if your not eating is mood related. It is common for people to either eat less or more when they are depressed or stressed.

I would encourage you to speak with a parent or another adult in your life who you trust about what is happening as they may be able to offer you some help - and importantly some support at this difficult time.

If possible, you should also consider counselling to look at problem-solving strategies to help you fnd a way through - which I promise you is there!