Question
Posted by: Javus | 2005/01/07

No appetite

Please help, I need to eat more than I do right now. I think I have lost much of my appetite. What tablets am I have to take in order to gain more appetite. Most of my friends and family are worried that it is not normal to eat the way I do.

Dear Javus
You may be suffering from depression, so if this is a possibility then please do consult your medical dr about it. Other medical conditions such as acute infections, liver disease, etc, can also depress the appetite, so a medical checkup is important just o eliminate any underlying problems. If you take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn this should help to improve your appetite. Also try 'nibbling' - eating 6 ore more small meals a day (an apple and a piece of cheese, dried fruit and nuts, a toasted sandwich, smoothies, yoghurt, etc) to stimulate your appetite.