Question
Posted by: PND Mom | 2006/07/17

Nightmares

Hi Doc,

It's me again - I'm not sure if you recall my post regarding the man that made an indescent proposal to me. However, I find that I regularly have nightmares about this situation and to make matters worse, there's a strong possibility that I will bump into this person when I have go away on my next business trip.
I actually feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
How do I get over this and move on with my life. I hate the fact that this has become such an issue for me. I'm at the point where if someone had to do this to me again or just look at me in a suggestive manner, I'm concerned that I may just beat them up!

You advise would be most appreciated. Sorry to bring this up again.

Kind Regards!

Sounds like a moderate variety of a sort of post-traumatic reaction, as you seem to have responded with more upst than some people might, to the experience of these unwelcome remarks. Generally, such reactions fade after a couple of weeks --- if they are persisting, seeing a counsellor would be a good idea, to prevent the related problems becoming more chronic and disabling, and instead to clear them up. Is there some way to discuss this with your boss, so you don't need to go on business trips involving this guy, or so that he get a stern warning from his boss not to try anything of the sort again or else ?

1
Posted by: PND Mom | 2006/07/17

Doc Thank you for your advise - unfortunately, my only option is to attend, so I'll have to face this head on - unless this man isn't there. He works for a completely different company to me - my other concern regarding him being taken on, is not for myself, but for his wife and children. Although I know I didn't do anything wrong, it would just kill me if they had to go through hurt and pain, because of his actions. I suppose it's a case of knowing exactly what they would be going through emotionally and especially that it would scar the children. I don't want them to have to deal with the issues I find myself having to deal with now. It's strange, but I feel very protective of them, if you know what I mean.
I have made an appointment to see my psychologist.

Many, many thanks again Doc!

Reply to PND Mom